Women’s tennis soared by the Eagles with a 6-1 win on Sunday making them undefeated at home.
With this win against Georgia Southern, Troy women’s tennis team became 5-4 overall and 2-0 at home.
The team set the tone Sunday by sweeping all three doubles matches and going undefeated until the end of the day.
Senior Karoline Grymel kicked off singles, winning with a commanding score of 6-1, 6-1 at number one. Candela Munoz Giron kept the wheels turning with a win at fourth overwhelming her opponent 6-2, 6-0.
Freshman Olivia Brooke Durden secured the day’s match for the Trojans after a 6-2, 6-1 win at sixth singles.
Troy only gave up one loss to the 2-5 Georgia Southern at the number five match followed by Lyubov Dorofeeva ending the day on a positive note with a 6-3, 7-5 win at second to finish the 6-1 match.
Women’s tennis plays at 3-4 Kennesaw State Saturday then hosts 4-5 Jacksonville State at home Tuesday.
I don’t know what you to do with this, Clay? The list I mean.
1. Karoline Grymel (TROY) def. Paola Garrido (GSU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Lyubov Dorofeeva (TROY) def. Jordana Klein (GSU) 6-3, 7-5
3. Anja Cosovic (TROY) def. Stephanie Woods (GSU) 6-2, 2-6, 6-1
4. Candela Munoz Giron (TROY) def. M. Phillips Smith (GSU) 6-2, 6-0
5. Natalie Maffett (GSU) def. Rosaura Ramirez-Vega (TROY) 7-6, 6-2
6. Olivia Brooke Durden (TROY) def. F. Norregaard (GSU) 6-2, 6-1
Georgia Southern 2-5
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (1,4,6,3,5,2)